Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Daunting Task

I found the task of chronicling our journey to Britain more than I could handle. My time is so limited these days with planning my daughters wedding for 9/9/06, working on my novel, taking care of my grandsons sometimes, and just living. So, I may toss out bits and pieces here and there but I am back to just plain old blogging.
Wisdom for the day:
"Contemplate the wonders of creation, the Divine dimension of their being, not as a dim configuration that is presented to you from a distance, but as the reality in which you live."- Rabbi Abraham Isaac Kook
People often ask why "bad" things happen to them when they are good people or have done no discernible wrong. We have such a small picture of the Infinite. What appears to be a disaster may in fact be a blessing, saving you or someone else from a far greater catastrophe. I met a woman at the nail salon who was an evacuee from Bay St. Louis. She and her husband of many years were in the process of building a home when Katrina hit. They lost everything. Forty years of memories that were being stored, the foundations of a new home, an apartment full of furniture and treasures. They moved here to stay with his parents while they recovered and decided what to do next. A short time after their arrival the husband's father died suddenly leaving the mother alone. At least she would have been alone had they not been there with her. Now I am not saying G-d sent Katrina to move these people into the position of supporting the mother-in-law. But since they are there it follows that perhaps the overall tragedy was softened by the knowledge they could help the parent deal with the grief of her loss. Is the glass half full? Always. Sometimes you just have to slosh the contents around to get the full picture.

No comments: