Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Searching

Well it has come to the point where I may have to decide between my job and my health (and my marriage??) I love what I do. I truly do. It is a worthwhile job, in fact it is incredibly rewarding. But over the past week things have gone so sour "politically" that I have ended up in the ER, my doctor has scolded me, my husband has told me to quit immediately, and I feel so torn I want to cry. Is a job worth your life? I have never thought so. A wonderful opportunity for something better is right there waiting, but it is so unlike my current position that even though it pays substantially more, is a high supervisory position, it is NOT giving anything back. For me it has always been about giving back.
I don't think I am looking for advice. I am looking into myself, trying to find some way to put things in perspective, keep a level head, and not get "ghetto" about the whole situation. I was blindsided by this and now I am so shocked at how behaviors can change at the drop of a hat. I have come to the conclusion that people don't really want to hear the TRUTH, they want to hear their truth and what makes them comfortable. So my opinions are my own.
From co-workers who talk to me on a regular basis, it appears as though there may be a mass exodus. I can't believe it! I have listened to grumblings for months, but suddenly it's this huge explosion of whispers. I keep saying, I am not the person to talk to. Talk to the BOSS! But I understand how they feel. Who do I talk to? My family who thinks I need to find something else? My Rabbi who somewhat agrees with my family, but is a little more understanding of my position. My friends away from work who are eager to get me jobs where they work?
As one person recommended, I just pray and wait for an answer.

1 comment:

Jon Gilbert said...

"If you want to walk on water, You've got to get out of the boat."
I will pray for God's wisdom,power, and love to overwhelm you.