Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Just 18


What a couple of months! My baby will turn 18 on Saturday. Just writing it brings a lump to my throat. Time flys by on wings of light. I remember sitting at the window with him one early spring morning when the sky was a crisp blue and the clouds were like fat white teddy bears. I whispered in his ear, "This is a moment. Hold onto it in your mind forever." I remember when he started kindergarten and he was so sad to levae me all day. I breathed into his tiny fist and said, "I am here with you. Just open your hand and I fly out to say hello." I remember laying in bed as he learned to read, night after night Dr. Seuss slept beneath my pillow where he would be stuck before I moved the sleeping child to his own bed.
I think today I will look at the clouds, take a deep breath and tuck Go Dog Go under my pillow.

No comments: