Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Something's Coming Up

With my vacation fast approaching, excitement building, I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect. This will not only be my first trip abroad but also my son's. My husband has been to England before (among other places). It's been a long time since we've shared the wonder of new experiences. He is 18 now and most of his new experiences involve his friends. It will be interesting to see how we relate with 10 days of one another's company. (Thank heavens my husband will be there to run interference if needed!)
Last weekend my older son turned 29. Twenty-nine! I look at him and still see the little boy. Of course he looks pretty much the same. He has grown into a fine young man (that sounds so pompous, but it's true).
I am amazed and grateful for all the good things G-d has brought into my life. I honestly do feel G-d's hand on me.
Several years ago I was going nowhere. I was struggling to make ends meet, suffering with illness, depressed by my inability to find peace. Then one day I simply turned my life over to G-d. I mean I really just said, tell me where I need to go and what I need to do. Since that day my life has been filled with blessings beyond belief. I'm not just talking about material things, but the peace of knowing I am doing something worthwhile, the health of my loved ones, the richness of life itself.
G-d is amazing!

No comments: